Computer Graphics - Modeling
|Triangulation of implicit
D. Rumiano/A.Bouthors/M. Nesme/F. Hétroy 2007
PlanningLectures are 3 hours long and start at 9:00.
|Lecture 1 - 09/30/2008|
|Introduction; point sets, meshes, parametric surfaces, subdivision surfaces, implicit surfaces.|
|Lecture 2 - 10/07/2008|
|Problem solving; presentation of proposed solution by students; more about surface representations; volume representation and introduction to discrete geometry.|
BibliographySee the bibliography I gave on the previous courses I taught: Creating and processing 3D geometry, Maths tools for computer graphics, vision and robotics.
- Slides of the first lecture
- Slides of the second lecture
- The papers to read for the second lecture:
- Mario Botsch et al., Geometric Modeling Based on Polygonal Meshes, Eurographics tutorial, 2008 (read chapter 2)
- Gerald Farin and Dianne Hansford, The Geometry Toolbox for Graphics and Modeling, A.K. Peters, 1998 (read chapter 16)
- J. Bloomenthal and Brian Wyvill, Interactive Techniques for Implicit Modeling, Interactive 3D Graphics Symposium, 1990